20 day dry-aged Galician Blond Picanha (Cap of Rump)
Distinctive in both breed and flavour, our Galician Blond cuts are dry-aged for a minimum of 20 days and are off the bone.
Exclusive to the north of Spain, this particular breed are 100% grass-fed, with cows being at least 10 years of age.
Exceptional fat infiltration with yellow hues due to the diet and pastures of the cow, offer an array of deep flavours which can even taste sweet at times.
Cap of rump continues to establish itself as a top-quality cut across the globe and it's not hard to see why: it's simple to prepare, ideal for an oven roast or for barbecuing as a whole piece, and also as individual steaks.
Grill / Pan Fry / Oven
How to Cook Beef Cap of Rump
There are several ways to cut the Beef Cap of Rump, but often you’ll find that the simplest of ways bring out the best flavour in the meat. Below is a quick method for you to cook Beef Cap of Rump in the oven.
- Preheat your oven to 120 degrees Celsius so it’s ready for the beef later.
- Place a pan skillet on high heat and add in oil or your preferred type of fat. Beef dripping is recommended, however, oil or butter will work just as well.
- Season the meat generously with salt and pepper – simple seasoning goes a long way when it comes to beef cuts.
- Once seasoned, place the meat's fat side down on the pan and reduce the heat down to low.
- You may notice that the fat will reduce quite a bit whilst in the pan, and the residue will simmer. Drain this fat out of the pan and put aside for later.
- Place the meat back in the pan - fat side down once again - and cook for around 6 to 8 minutes or until the fat crisps.
- Flip the meat over and baste the top of the meat with the remaining fat residue you had put aside. Keep cooking until the meat is a beautiful pinkish colour on the inside.
- Take the meat to the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it rest.
- Cut the meat against the grain to ensure it has the best texture and isn’t chewy.
- Serve with your preferred accompaniments and enjoy!
Looking for some more inspiration?
Have a read of some of our recipes
This product has been frozen. Why? It can be kept in the freezer for the duration of its shelf life
A minimum of 3 months from shipping
Next-day delivery (orders placed before 12pm - Monday to Wednesday)
Free delivery on orders over £75
Fazenda is one of my nephews favourite restaurants. Sadly I was unable to book us in for his 17th birthday treat this. Year so I had the steak delivered to him instead. I didn’t get to taste it but he said it was the best steak ever ! The delivery was spot on and arrived on his birthday. I will now have to treat myself.
So fantastic to hear your nephew enjoyed this special treat for his birthday, Kirsty! Thank you for your support and also for taking the time to offer us your feedback :) - Natalia
I wrote a review about this item at the time of buying but hadn’t eaten it just yet. Well what can I say but utter perfection in meat. We did this on Christmas Day, on the BBQ, yes outside in winter as a complementary meat for Christmas dinner. The meat was soft, juicy and tasted like a slice of heaven. Please if you need a picanha this is it. I’ll be buying more for sure. Thank you Fazendas for bringing your restaurant to my home.
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our Galician Blond cap of rump, William. Such a pleasure to hear you all enjoyed it over the festivities. Brownie points for doing it on the barbecue too! :) - Natalia
This meat is truely delicious and a splendid meal which is very simple to prepare.
Picanha is indeed something special, isn't it? We're delighted to hear you loved it, Stephen. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on it here - Natalia
Meat came well packed and looks delicious. We are saving this cut for Christmas when the in laws arrive from Brazil. Churrasco de picanha for Christmas dinner. Also bought pão de queijo which were deliciously fresh.
Good evening, William
Amazing to hear you're having a Churrasco for Christmas! South American all the way, love it. Do let us know what you think of it. Pão de queijo is truly amazing, isn't it? We wish the whole family a great time this Christmas. Regards, Tomás
We absolutely loved having a little piece of our favourite restaurant at home. We seasoned our picanha with rock salt and garlic and cooked it in the BBQ - it tasted amazing! We also had some pao de queijo - yum! We will definitely be ordering again.
So fantastic to hear you loved it, Fernanda! We miss you being able to welcome you in the restaurant but its fantastic to know you enjoyed having a little of us at home.
Picanha is indeed quite something, isn't it? Thank you for taking the time to offer us your feedback. ^NA